You are here: Home » Blog » Asbestos Infomation » Glasgow school fire causes asbestos debris

Glasgow school fire causes asbestos debris

Residents near a derelict school in Glasgow which was set on fire have been told to limit use of their gardens because the debris may contain white asbestos.

A clean-up is under way following the blaze at the former StMark’s primary in the Tollcross area of Glasgow.

Asbestos specialists are clearing the debris and residents are urged not to try to do the work themselves. People have been asked to keep out of their gardens as much as possible until the clear-up has finished.

Glasgow City Council said there is no immediate risk to public health and that air quality is well within acceptable limits.

October 14, 2012 at 9:00 am | Asbestos Infomation |
Tags: , , | No Comments »

Trackback URL for this post:
http://www.topasbestosremoval.co.uk/glasgow-school-fire-causes-asbestos-debris/trackback

Comments are closed.