You are here: Home » Blog » Archives for asbestos disposal bolton

Worker DID die of asbestos exposure, Bolton inquest hears

mesothelioma from topasbestosremoval.comAn inquest has recently heard that a man who died in September has a died from an asbestos-related cancer.

John Devine was employed by a company from 1954 to 1980 and had a history of working with asbestos and asbesos-related materials.

The Bolton inquest was told that in July Mr Devine, aged 79, had written a statement — read out in court — detailing his working life in Little Lever where he was exposed to asbestos.

Although provided with gas masks, the workers, according to Devine, were never given any warning or rules relating to the dangers of asbestos.

Devine was diagnosed with mesothelioma in May – a cancer well known to be caused by exposure to asbestos.

Chemotherapy was started but discontinued when Devine became too ill for the treatment. He died at a hospice on 21st September.

Pathologist Dr Patrick Waugh confirmed that Mr Devine was suffering from heart disease, but had died as a result of malignant pleural mesothelioma and confirmed this would be “undoubtedly” as a result of his expose to asbestos during his working life.

Deputy coroner Alan Walsh said Mr Devine had died as a result of an industrial disease.

January 2, 2013 at 7:44 am | Asbestos Infomation, Asbestos Removal |
Tags: , , , , , | No Comments »

Trackback URL for this post:
http://www.topasbestosremoval.co.uk/3347/trackback